Participants visit domain experts from the chosen theme and discuss challenges and areas where solutions can add value.
- Capture assumptions, research and analyze existing solutions
- Develop insights into current solutions & draft ideas to define problem statements
Participants discuss and explore all ways to address the problem. Facilitators with expertise in product design are invited to facilitate the participants.
- Iterate quickly on all possible solutions at a high level
- Sketch solutions on whiteboards and paper
- Determine assumptions to be addressed
Participants converge onto feasible ideas and chart down time required for ideas.
- Exclude solutions with limitations
- Draft a blueprint of the most feasible solution
- Narrow down on the resources required, the roadmap & timeline
Gather resources required to build a prototype for testing
- Chart down what you require from the design
- Procure resources from various sources
- Communicate need for other resources
Collaborate and start building
Plan outcomes to be achieved in the time given
- Build a prototype that satisfy the minimum requirements
- Report on learnings from testing of the prototype
- Plan for moving beyond the prototype
Teams present their prototypes
Participants demo their final proof of concept prototypes through presentation. If there is a jury, they evaluate the solutions here. An additional time for Q/A can also be allotted but time is limited to keep it precise.
Receive constructive feedback from others
An essential component of the Devthon format is to provide a forum to help the proof of concepts to be improved. Participants are encouraged to talk about others’ prototypes to help them improve.